Our client secured the Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) contract to deliver the UK’s largest clean air zone. We supported them through strategic bid planning, competitive dialogue and developing their social value response.
EiB helped a client, and their supply chain partners, win an installation and operating clean air infrastructure project for TfGM. It will be the UK’s largest clean air zone and will help to drive the growth of a healthy and sustainable city region and deliver significant improvements to Manchester’s air quality. The design and implementation of the clean air zone will reduce the use of high-carbon-emitting vehicles. It will create a modal shift, encouraging the public to upgrade to cleaner and more efficient vehicles. Our client is an experienced construction and engineering company. Their partners have expertise in providing specialist environmental, smart city, parking and traffic management solutions.
EiB approach and involvement
We provided a comprehensive package of support from the early market engagement stage through to post award communication and mobilisation support. This involved:
- helping to build our client’s bidding strategy to align with TfGM’s clean air plan priorities
- winning in planning and strategy support setting out Egis’ solution – aligned with the TfGM procurement process
- supporting the capture of TfGM’s key interests and issues through the competitive dialogue process
- leading on gathering evidence across all partners in the consortium and presenting this following the client’s goals
- working closely with the writing team to capture content from subject matter experts, guiding the writers and conducting reviews at all key bid stages.
Success and outcomes
Our work winning team aligned its solution with TfGM’s goals. It provided the client and their partners with constant professional support throughout this work winning bid, which received an excellent score. The team delivered an excellent service that surpassed TfGM’s expectations, including working with key stakeholders to create an engaging social value plan to support TfGM’s wider objectives. Owing to our work winning support, the client and their partners have secured the contract.
“The EiB team’s strong contribution in shaping our technical submission to a very high standard was an important factor of this success. Thank you again, EiB.”